Sunday, January 19, 2014

A new era

Liza Jane loves the swing just as much as B always has.  If I need
a lift during the day, we have some swing time and her
laughter makes me happy again.  
We have entered a new era in so many ways here in the Smith household.  On a practical level, I need to figure out what I am doing with this blog all over again now that I am using google + to upload pics from a smartphone.  They are automatically uploaded to my account, and I can share them right away with the click of a button.  They are easy to pull onto this blog, but if I can share then on google +, then why do the blog, which has become mainly about pictures anyway?  

Well, I don't know if the blog will survive, but I do keep the blog for more than pictures.  For one thing, it's the only baby book I've managed to keep.  I have snippets and scraps of things from B and E in a basket somewhere waiting to be put into a book, but that probably won't get done until they are no longer children. 
Before Christmas front yard picnic and first cracker snack 
So for now, until I figure out what I'm doing, if you want to see more pics, add me on google+ and I'll add you back.  I have de-activated my account on facebook (one step from permanently deleting it, which will probably happen soon), but that's another story, which I will be happy to share with anyone who wants to know. It's not really a story, but I have many reasons.  The advantage of google+ for pictures, it seems to me, is that I can have circles with whom I can share them rather than with all 200 of my friends. 

I have Christmas pictures from our big camera that I still need to share.  I'll get to them just in time for us to enjoy feeling nostalgic about the Christmas holiday!  Until then, here are a few more recent ones.  
Our almost 8 month girl in a sweet little shrug made by a friend.  


Playing together at the park.  Dream come true.

I love how this picture perfectly captures our
plane ride to (and from) NY this Christmas. 
The other newish thing around here is that Eliza Jane is sleeping much better and has been for some time.  Her day time sleep is still stressful for me because she always cries before she falls asleep (Benjamin never did).  But she goes to bed at around 6pm and doesn't wake until 5:30 or 6 most mornings.  And then she usually sleeps in bed with me another hour after that!  I am a happier person.  

3 comments:

ssfromss said...

We always look forward to the blog. The narrative lets us know more than just pictures. So glad to hear what EJ & B are up to these days.

Sara Ann said...

I don't know anything about google +... keep the blog! I like to see those little faces and get little updates. Jack is sick this week:( Wah:( Talk soon!

Bethany said...

I know blogging can seem overwhelming at times. But I do enjoy reading your thoughts, whenever you have time to write something down. I'm not trying to pressure you into blogging--just saying I like to read your blog!

And: I LOVE the plane picture. Hilarious.