Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A look back at Easter






 My blog posts are all out of order this year.  These pictures of Benjamin at our church's annual Easter Retreat out in the country are from, what, a month ago now?  Back when the bluebonnets were in bloom, before Benjamin's hair cut, back when he still needed those seersucker pants rolled up around his ankles.

This has been a truly beautiful spring here in central Texas.  Benjamin has enjoyed every minute of being outside helping us dig and plant and water the yard into recovery from last year's drought.   And we have enjoyed teaching him about flowers, bugs, and watering cans. It hasn't rained in a couple of weeks now but Benjamin still looks under the logs and in the grass out back for snails to put in his bucket.

The roses in the bottom picture of this post are from our garden this year.  Last year we had a few straggling blooms on our rose bushes, but this year we figured out about feeding and pruning roses, and TA DA!  Roses.  I probably would have thought roses were too hard to grow to plant them myself, so I am thankful they were already here.  It is nice to cut my own flowers.  They make a lovely center-piece for a nice dinner, don't they?


B and friend Easter egg hunting





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Benjamin & bluebonnets picture! And all the rest too.
As a matter of fact, I love you too!
Mom

Sara Ann said...

what a little man! always love me some benny pictures. and i like your table-scape, it is very sara-esque, makes me happy. but are there leaves in your wine? is that a texas thing? ;)