Friday, April 15, 2011

6 month Benny





Over the last six months it has become clear to us that we have an easy-going baby.  He has his needs and makes sure we know about them, but otherwise, he is playful and curious, but not very fussy or particular.  This was bad when I was trying to breastfeed exclusively:  he was most likely still hungry after some feedings, but decided, "Oh well, I can wait.  She'll feed me again later."  

Benjamin's easy-going nature makes starting solid foods fun.  Rice cereal?  Yes please!  Carrots and beets?  Sure!  Pears?  My favorite!  Applesauce?  Also my favorite!   I have also discovered that making baby food is easy and sort-of fun.  Just cook, add water, and puree it to death in the food processor.   

I don't know why these pictures came out kind of fuzzy.  

Benjamin is patient  

Benjamin wants to do it himself 
In other news, Benjamin had his six month doctor's appointment yesterday, and his weight is back up to where it should be.  And his height is what you would expect for a baby with tall parents.   Ok, I just want to get these pictures posted.  I have more from last weekend when we had some visitors, but that will have to wait.  Those visitors can speak up if they would prefer not to have pictures of themselves posted here!  I've got some good ones...

Sitting up 

Not for long...

The grass is a soft landing. 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Miss this cute little man! And hanging out with his mom and dad, too, of course.
If we are the visitors of which you speak you may of course post whatever pictures you like! We'd love to see them! I think Brian has a few on his camera as well . . .

Bethany said...

He's SO cute! I love his perpetually surprised look.

If you're making baby food, I recommend the KidCo baby food mill. You can take whatever you're eating and turn it into baby food (as long as it's cooked and reasonable soft).