Friday, October 1, 2010

...and a party for the Lands.


JB and I finally got to host Hope Fellowship and folks from the Farm at our house last night.  We first got to know the Lands when they lived at the World Hunger Relief Farm, but they've also become part of the life of our church in the last year, and now they are going away--moving to Bolivia to work with MCC for three years.  I have been so thankful for Sarah's willingness to talk to me about everything regarding childbirth and her openness about raising her own young children.  And now she won't even be here when our baby is born!  Sadness.  


We celebrated their new adventure with dessert and music on the back porch.  I hope that our house will always be a place where people can come together to play music.

And here are some beautiful women responding to Michelle's (on the right) exciting news--she and Matt have been chosen as adoptive parents for a pair of brothers!  They've been in adoption limbo for so long, and now they'll be new parents before our baby is even born.  Wow.  What an answer to prayer.

1 comment:

mom said...

Love the new stories & pictures. I can't wait to see your house for myself.