Monday, September 27, 2010

5 weeks to go


I've been nesting in the kitchen this morning.  JB came home at lunch to find about five different things going:  a fresh batch of yogurt, banana bread, apple sauce, and some polenta and tomato stuff I made for lunch.  I think I was inspired by the sub-60 degree morning we had here in central Texas.  Like a late-August morning in New York--just glorious.  We spent some time outside and got a few pictures of me with five weeks left to go before our son arrives.

I told Christy, our midwife, this week that I was starting to feel the symptoms of late pregnancy and she responded, "Finally!"  I've so far been able to enjoy all of the wonderful parts of pregnancy--the baby kicking and maybe even some hiccups--without the negative parts.  But now the swollen ankles, sleep disruption, fatigue, heartburn, and difficulty sitting for a long period or walking with any speed have all arrived.

On to prepare for a teaching on the parable of the unforgiving servant I'm giving in a couple of weeks, but I'll leave with a picture that shows how excited Brazos is about her new best friend coming into the world in a mere five weeks.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

How pretty you are! And also Brazos is very cute. And what I can see of little Rasputin looks very nice indeed. I am glad you started this blog because I was running low on distractions. Also because I like to hear what you're up to and what you're thinking about! Keep it up!