Monday, June 16, 2014

happy father's day


This mother got to go out all by herself on Father's day, and this is what I came home to.  Benjamin was asleep upstairs in his bed.  I attended the baptism of a friend's baby and JB stayed home to take care of a sick Benjamin and a fussy baby.  JB can get her to sleep during the day much better than I can.  

I guess Brazos got some too 

The highlight of last week was grandmommy's visit, of course.  She played with the children and cleaned the kitchen while I did the cooking and got considerable work done one a furniture painting project I've been trying to do for ages.  And we all had homemade cream-sicles.  There is nothing like being able to zip around a store or a kitchen or up and down stairs all by myself without children under foot.  

On Saturday, JB and I got to take Benjamin to the water park all by himself while grandmommy watched Eliza (dad's get in free for Father's day!).  It was great to be able to spend time with just Ben.  Grandmommy is so good to us.  Next time I will make sure the tonic water is not flat : )   

1 comment:

ssfromss said...

It was so much fun to spend time with you all. EJ and Ben change every time I see them. Loved getting to spend time w/ you and JB too.