Wednesday, February 2, 2011


The weather is cold, I can hear faucets are dripping all over the house to prevent the pipes from freezing, the dog has cabin fever, and the baby has a tummy ache.  What a day.  Here's a picture from happier times--just last weekend in fact, when it was 75 degrees outside.  JB got some work done on the drainage works outside and B was happy in the wheel barrow for almost an hour, staring up at the sky and laughing at the sunshine.  [Whenever I think of the issues with drainage JB is trying to solve, I think of Middlemarch by George Elliot and the drainage works that fill out one of the novel's many interweaving plot-lines. I know it sounds dull, but it's actually not at all.  Read it.]

JB had fun wheeling him around a bit too.   I remember dad wheeling us all around the neighborhood when we were kids--a BIT older than Benjamin is right now--running us down the hills and spinning in circles.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness--this is too cute for words! I can't wait to come visit!

Anonymous said...

aawwww, wee wittle ben in a wheelbawo! LOVE! <3 SA

ssfromss said...

A picture of little Benjamin and a new blog from you were just right to rouse us from our cabin fever. Did you get snow?
A kid needs a wheelbarrow to ride in.

Laura said...

Isabelle has certainly found her lungs too! She was so loud at my parents' house the other night, I felt like I had to apologize for her ... the new, echoey laminate wood floor in their dining room didn't help the matter. ;)